IF YOU ARE A PERFECT HOST - BE A HOST FAMILY
One of the most rewarding aspects of the Tellus experience is the opportunity it gives our host families.
Being a host family is so much more than earning some extra money and offering our visiting students a place to stay. They play a crucial role in helping our visitors feel safe and welcome in their homes, making them feel a part of a new family while they are away from theirs.
For many of our visiting students it is often the first time they have been in a different country. They may not be fully confident in their language skills or unfamiliar with the different customs and values.
That’s when host families can make a real difference, having the time and patience to help our visiting students adapt to their new surroundings, helping them to settle and feel confident.
Tellus works with a number of dedicated and committed host families who provide high quality accommodation, meals and other services in support of our students throughout their stay. They have all been carefully vetted to ensure they offer the level of service and support we demand – and you will expect. We are delighted to say, they are, quite simply, the perfect hosts.
- Do you have a spare room in your house?
- Would you like to welcome European students into your home?
- Do you want to earn extra income?
- Participants usually stay in twin rooms, sharing the room with a student from a different country. A single room option is also available
- You can choose either: half board (breakfast and dinner Monday to Friday; breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday and Sunday); or full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- During the registration process we ask participants about their allergies and special diets to make sure their needs are met
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BEING A HOST FAMILY?
Contact our Accommodation Officer, Kerry Sherlock at firstname.lastname@example.org